Skip to main content

Sleep Train

The boss is going through a rough patch. He's being sleep-trained. Kinda late, I know, but we're all a little more than tired (literally) having to wake up at least twice a night to get him back to sleep.

So the first night was tough.  He cried and cried for what seemed like hours and was constantly shouting "ma ma!", banging on his bedroom door.  My heart broke.  How do you not respond to that? Does he think he's been abandoned and all alone in the house?  He can't even come out of his room.

Of course, the crying just lasted 20mins... and then the second time was only 15mins but it seemed like hours!!

The second night, instead of lots of crying, he just started shouting "hi" over and over again with some crying towards the end.  Couldn't help but laugh.  Maybe he thought polite greetings would give him some leverage? Lasted 10 mins.  Hopefully we are getting there.

This made me reflect on my relationship with God.  I'm guilty of thinking that God is ignoring my cries.  I pray for relief and get no response.  Or it seems like I'm not getting a response.  Has God abandoned me?  Am I all alone? I can't get out of this situation, I need him to come get me!  I told someone recently that you will see a whole new perspective of God's when you become a personal assistant.  Not that you have to become a personal assistant to fully understand God but you do get put in situations where you can see the heart of our Heavenly Father in a new light.  He's not ignoring me.  He hears my prayers and sees each tear that falls.  He's just sleep training me.

Comments