Skip to main content

Sand

The other day, I took the boss to a playground.  It had a sand pit with all sorts of little construction trucks and sand toys in it. It was great! Who doesn’t like sand? Maybe not Anakin.

I sat on a bench and watched him play. It had rain the previous day so the sand was a bit damp but I think that’s the best type of sand to play in because damp sand is easier to compact, makes for excellent material to build castles or Costco-shaped buildings!  Well at one point, the boss comes towards me with this little red cup in his hands. I imagined it was filled with some sand.  He proceeds to shout “cup” in Chinese at me and I confirmed, “Yes! It’s a bui bui!” And before that last word left my lips, I knew exactly what was going to happen next and I threw myself forward but I was too late. With one quick movement, he lifted that cup to his mouth. Yup. The boss took a nice gulp of sand.  #fail

I guess we’re lucky the sand was wet so not much came out. I’m sure if the sand was dry, the whole thing would have dumped onto his face... so I’d say it was a successful day!

Comments